Gamisodes is made of the most amazing collectors, great community members, fascinating people and valued Ambassadors. Please join us for the latest Community Spotlight with @Ravenor - Ambassador extraordinaire and overall Nice Guy.
First Things First...
1) Tell us something about yourself:
Where are you from? And what languages to you speak?
I’m ½ Peruvian and ½ Mexican. I have lived in San Bernardino county in California all my life.
The languages I speak are English and a little Spanish. Been practicing Spanish to speak it more proficiently. The other language that I’ve been trying to learn is ASL.
What is your professional background?
I have worked at a store called Trader Joe’s for 16 years.
I also did a few odd jobs. My favorite was selling photos at Halloween mazes and I got to meet a few celebrities.
What are your favorite movies/genre?
I enjoy all movie genres but have to say classic movies are currently my favorite. My favorite movie is Casablanca and my favorite quote is “Here’s looking at you kid”.
Do you follow any sports and/or teams? Any favorites?
When it comes to my sport teams, I support them no matter what. My favorite team for baseball is the LA Angels, for basketball it’s the LA Lakers (but I’ve been going to more Clippers games), for soccer international it’s Barcelona, for hockey it’s Anaheim ducks, and for football it’s my 49ers.
2) If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, living or dead, who would that be?
I would have lunch with my grandfather. I started to build a connection with him over the years, and it would be amazing to get an opportunity to know him better. He passed away a few years back.
3) What's something about you that would be surprising to know?
Honestly, this is a surprise to me as well. I enjoy going to raves and really like the atmosphere surrounding the festivals.
4) What cause are you passionate about?
Helping others when possible.
5) What's something that you've always wanted to try, learn and/or accomplish?
I’ve always wanted to learn to scuba dive, but first I need to learn how to swim much better.
6) When have you felt the proudest and why?
My younger brother and I didn't have the best relationship. It was solely my fault. During my first rave something finally clicked and we had a heartfelt discussion. Ever since then we have had a better relationship.
7) What is one thing you can't live without?
Technology. It is the easiest way to keep in touch with friends.
8) If you had to eat the same meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The one meal I could eat every day is probably a Peruvian dish called Lomo Saltado. It is made of marinated strips of sirloin steak, stir-fried with soy sauce, chopped red onion, tomatoes, crispy French fries and the unmissable ají amarillo, served with rice on the side.
9) Tell us about a favorite memory from childhood.
My family and I once stayed at a Disneyland hotel. My brothers and I were talking to another guest at the hotel. We found out later that the guest was Tom Hanks.
10) What would be the theme song of your life right now?
A song by Rise Against called Tragedy + Time. The song suggests that although tragic events and difficult emotions can be overwhelming, time has the power to heal all wounds and bring about moments of joy and laughter again.
11) What's the strangest thing you've ever done?
There was a commercial that had a line in that said “I know everything about bacon”. I don’t know why, but with the most serious face, I told my sister that I knew everything about bacon. After I did this, I realized I made a mistake and decided I should start researching all I could about bacon. I finally told her a few years back that I saw it in a commercial.
12) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Japan would be an amazing place to visit. A few things I would like to do over there are: watch a fight, a baseball game, a sumo match, and go to theme parks.
13) After Inspector Gadget, what was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
X-men: The Animated Series
14) What is your favorite video game?
Assassin's Creed series
15) Who's your favorite comic book character?
The man without fear: “Daredevil”
16) If you could pick any superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation. Hopefully, I would never be late to work and it cuts down on travel time to name a few benefits.
17) Do you have any funny or embarrassing stories to share?
This embarrassing story is the one I tell the most to people. I was at a friend's house and threw up on myself. My friends told me to take a shower and afterwards I came out wearing soaked clothes. They were upset and told me to take another shower. After 3-4 times telling me to take a shower they finally asked why I kept coming out in soaked clothes. I told them that there weren’t any towels.
Tell Us About your Connection with Gamisodes and Digital Collecting
1) What cartoons or nostalgic tv shows would you like to see on Gamisodes next?
There were a lot of great cartoons and tv shows out when I was growing up. I would like to see Codename: Kids Next Door on Gamisodes.
2) If you could decide on the next new Gamisodes Inspector Gadget collection, what would it be and why?
I think it would be good to feature M.A.D. agents and/or to group all the inspector gadget villains into a collection. They have multiple characters and some have multiple disguises as well.
3) Who’s your favorite Inspector Gadget character and why?
My favorite character is Brain who always has an awesome disguise.
4) What is your favorite episode or memory about Inspector Gadget and why?
Watching the episodes and seeing a different Brain disguise in each episode.
5) If you could pick the next Mission location(s), where would it/they be and why?
Two choices come to mind, but I would have to say Peru. They have great locations: Nazca lines, the city of Arequipa, and Machu Picchu to name a few. It would also be nice to see Brain in a chullo, a traditional Peruvian hat.
6) There are thousands of other digital collectibles and communities out there. Why did you decide on Gamisodes? For me nostalgic value helped make the decision on choosing Gamisodes. Growing up, Inspector Gadget was one of the shows I looked forward to watching every week. I’ve stayed involved thanks to the great Gamisodes community and amazing collectibles that Gamisodes provides.
7) Is there a Gamisodes card or collectible you don’t have yet and are anxious to add it to your collection? The Straw Hat Inspector Gadget is one card I would like to own. I just started watching the anime One Piece, which reminds me of that show. The card brings two shows that I enjoy together.
8) What attracted you to digital collectibles vs physical?
The accessibility of digital collectibles was the main factor that attracted me to these collectibles. I remember having to carry a box when showing off my collection to my friends.
9) What is/are your favorite Gamisodes collection(s) so far? Why?
The physical Gamisodes collection (vip cards and mission cards) is my favorite. There isn’t anything like holding a physical copy of a card.
10) Of the current collections, what are some of your favorite cards/collectibles? Why?
My favorite cards are the signed Hotel Transylvania cards. I won a couple in the giveaways.
Special shoutout to Gamisodes Ambassador @TheRealNerkle for facilitating the Spotlight!