Gamisodes is made of the most amazing collectors, great community members, and fascinating people. Please join us for the latest Community Spotlight with @Frames-linked. World traveler and student of international cultures.
First Things First...
1) Tell us something about yourself:
Where are you from? And what languages to you speak?
I am from Melbourne, Australia, but have lived near Liverpool in England for 15 years. My linguistic qualities are not very impressive. I speak Hebrew and Japanese at intermediate level. I know enough Spanish, French and Portuguese to get by while on holiday.
What is your professional background?
I am a Nursing Associate on a large surgical unit. We get patients from the Emergency Department, and ICU, as well as planned operations (a lot of cancer patients). I’ve worked in healthcare for 17 years.
What are your favorite movies/genre?
Sci-Fi / War Films / Documentaries. My favourite director is Stanley Kubrick and favourite film is The Breakfast Club.
Do you follow and sports and/or teams? Any favorites?
I follow all the sports, I’m Australian. 🤣 My favourite sport is NBA and my team is the OKC Thunder. I used to support the Seattle Supersonics, so 2008 was an easy transition. Then, in descending order of time I spend watching: Football (Soccer), Car Racing, NHL, Tennis, Australian Rules Football, Rugby, and Cricket.
2) If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, living or dead, who would that be?
Definitely Albert Einstein and eat at McDonalds. I didn’t even need to think twice to answer this question.
3) What's something about you that would be surprising to know?
When I finished high school, I worked for 6 months in a Checkers (Rally’s) flipping burgers, shaking fries and filling milkshakes in Vidalia, Georgia. I had a friend who I met online who lived there. He invited me to his place which ended up with me living in a trailer park. It was an eye-opening experience being in small-town Georgia and experiencing that socio-economic environment. The people and their pets were super friendly.
4) What cause are you passionate about?
I am passionate about Human Rights, Public Health and De-centralized Finance.
5) What's something that you've always wanted to try, learn and/or accomplish?
Since I was just five years old, I've harboured a long-standing desire to engage in tree climbing, complete with ropes and harness, ascending colossal trees nestled in remote locations. Similarly, the thrill of paragliding with a massive propeller and engine strapped to one's back and flying with a parachute trailing behind appears to embody the essence of genuine freedom.
6) When have you felt the proudest and why?
I felt the proudest when my daughter was born. I had a mix of emotions like love, responsibility and a sense of accomplishment. The hope for the future and overcoming challenges is a journey of the heart and soul.
7) What is one thing you can't live without?
H20 - Water.
8) If you had to eat the same meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’ve given this some serious thought, and it’s got to be pizza with ALL the toppings.
9) Tell us about a favorite memory from childhood.
I remember a family vacation to Bali in Indonesia when I was 3. It was the first time I remember being allowed in the pool on my own, so I did lots of splashing around and doggy paddles. There was also an ant invasion where the ants were crawling all over the room. I’m pretty sure that’s when my fascination with global cultures started.
10) What would be the theme song of your life right now?
Luniz - I Got 5 On It.
11) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
It varies from week to week, but at the moment it’s the Democratic Republic of the Congo because I’ve got a neighbour who is from there and it sounds fascinating and exciting.
12) After Inspector Gadget, what was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
13) What is your favorite video game?
Counterstrike Source. NOT GO!
14) Who's your favorite comic book character?
15) If you could pick any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would like to have a nuclear proof forcefield that I could expand like a globe around me whenever I tap my pinkie fingers together, because of the protection it would provide.
16) Do you have any pets?
I have 2 male cats. They are 7 years old, and both black. They are siblings, one longhair and one shorthair. Love the cats.
Tell Us About your Connection with Gamisodes and Digital Collecting
1) What cartoons or nostalgic tv shows would you like to see on Gamisodes next?
Smurfs or Trap Door.
2) Who’s your favorite Inspector Gadget character and why?
Madcat, because he’s a cat and he’s mad.
3) What is your favorite episode or memory about Inspector Gadget and why?
Getting home from primary school in the summer and enjoying an icypole while sitting too close to the CRT TV.
4) If you could pick the next Mission location(s), where would it/they be and why?
Somewhere in Africa would be cool because it is the cradle of civilization.
5) There are thousands of other digital collectibles and communities out there. Why did you decide on Gamisodes?
The friendliness of the community and the nostalgia of Inspector Gadget.
6) What attracted you to digital collectibles vs physical?
I like to bring it with me everywhere.
7) What is/are your favorite Gamisodes collection(s) so far? Why?
I like the mission cards the most, because I love hearing the stories behind them from the artists.
8) Of the current collections, what are some of your favorite cards/collectibles? Why?
Brain Train is really cool.
Special shoutout to Gamisodes Ambassador @TheRealNerkle for facilitating the Spotlight!